Ess Tec, Inc. Reduces Scrap, Saves Maintenance Time with Nanoplas Products
Ess Tec, Inc., a plastic injection molding company in Holland, Michigan
Length of Customer Relationship:
Problems Experienced by Customer
- Grease bleeding off ejector pins, causing a scrap increase of up to 40 parts at startup.
- Gassing and burn marks at the end of fill.
- Rust issues from high humidity days. With the rust preventative previously used, they would still need to scrap up to 20 parts.
- Applied Nanoplas’ Nano Ceramic Mold Grease, which eliminated bleed off, and scrap count was reduced to 5 parts at startup (an 87% decrease in scrap).
- Used Zap-Ox to clean gassing and burn marks at the end of fill. This saves hours of tool maintenance work. Normally, you would have to pull the tool and stone polish or bead blast to remove the gassing from the texture. Zap-Ox helps remove the rust from high humidity and condensation on the cavity steel.
- Used The Defender, a rust preventative that lets you see your coverage and doesn’t bleed back into the ejector pin holes before production, leading to further reduction in scrap.
Overall, the Nanoplas product line has helped Ess Tec, Inc. reduce scrap and save time with maintenance cleaning, removing inserts, sandblasting, and cleanup.
I have been in the manufacturing industry for over 24 years and have worked with a wide variety of cleaners and lubricating products. I am excited to say the Nanoplas products have exceeded my expectations for keeping our tools longer and reducing our cleaning times.”